Monday, November 27, 2017

Adapted Physical Activity

While working towards a minor in APA, I have really learned a lot. One thing I can say for sure is the more you get involved, the more it changes your life. We really do not think about a lot of the things that we take for granted, in this case it can be even the simplest of things to us such as walking or running. I have been around a lot of amazing people this year while taking my Disability Sport class, as I helped coach a Special Olympics soccer team in Butler. I think I have learned more from them than they have from me. I learned to just have fun and enjoy the little things, because sometimes these are the best things. I just wanted to share my recent experiences here and let anyone who reads this know that it is always important to enjoy even the littlest of things because we sometimes take for granted what all we have!

2 comments:

  1. I am not currently in the Adapted Physical Activity but I am in the Intro class. I only hear good things about this minor and it makes me really want to pick it up. This semester I have got the opportunity to work with kids with disabilities and I have loved every second of it. I agree completely when you say that you learn more from them than they do from you. I think working with them makes me an all around better professional. And does make me appreciate the little things in life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post Billy. It is good to see that you learned so much. I took the intro class to APA last semester and really enjoyed working with the students. They were always happy to come to class and they had a great time. It was a great experience.

    ReplyDelete